Wednesday, December 3, 2008

The city which I live


I live a simple life, with interests in simple things. Corvallis, Oregon is a wonderful small yet deeply interesting town that I have chosen to inhabit. I have lived here for about two and a half years, studying at the University (OSU). The house I call "home" has changes numerous times (along with my address, the post office must love me). I have finally settled in a comfortable house with friends. Trying to get around the 'no pets' policy we acquired some loving chickens (two chickens=two eggs a day, they are fantastic hard boiled). Some of my favorite memories in corvallis are in this house, or in the yard. I planted a garden last summer with broccoli, lettuce, pumpkins, tomatoes, cauliflower, peppers, strawberries...the list goes on. Sad to say I found out the hard way that chickens love lettuce, and leafs (my garden ended abruptly). Other good times included sitting in the back yard with breakfast spread on our kitchen table (which we brought outside for) Amy and Claire joined me in coffee and brick hard but tasty pancakes. It was summer at that time, so the sky was a clear sun rise with warmth bursting on the face. So many good memories in the yard, picking blackberries and eating them with every meal, placing plants through out the yard to "beautify" our house in the neighborhood. Behind my house there was a time when ten or more bikes would be parked in the yard (most were mine). Corvallis group bike rides happen frequently (college slowed down the frequency but not to a stop).

Ron visits more often, he lives in Seattle, Washington around four to five hours away. This last visit was for thanksgiving the family holiday of feasting...all day long. We went for a memorable hike to chipross park. Rory, Ron and I climbed to the top of the hill and feasted our eyes on a blanket of streets that corvallis turned into. I mentioned how large the football stadium was compared to the rest of the town (it is obsessively large). There is just so many good times in this town.

1 comment:

Lilly said...

Grea photos, Rosa, and great name. Well written blog. Im glad you are happy. Lilly