Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Just the facts




I miss kayaking. If there was a way to make time (like cut out every activity in my day besides kayaking) then I would just be ecstatic. I can imagine just slipping my legs in to the fiberglass frame, making sure not collect any glass for later (old kayaks shed a little). I find joy in the feel of sitting and rocking side to side so close to the surface of the water. The first couple of strokes will make my kayak sail smoothly through the calm water (If it’s a lake compared to the ocean). Water droplets dance from the ends of my paddle with each repeated dip. I glide on and draw in a deep breath of sweet urban air. My favorite is in summer when the water is warm and I can practice getting in my kayak from the water (which at first can really test ya). But now, I shall soon winter kayak, (maybe with some snow) and have a giant smile showing my every emotion of complete bliss.

No comments: