Thursday, December 18, 2008

Snow, white flurry soft cold loving snow

My street is covered with a white blanket of snow. The night is freezing and filled with a mysterious touch of excitement. Running at full speed ahead I can slide on the road that has a thin layer of ice and snow. My balance is tested after gliding nearly five to seven feet. I looked up towards the heavens to find flakes drifting gently down to my mouth. My friend Amy and I stood in the night challenging our selves with who could catch the most snow. I get distracted by every object outside which is painted white making my eyes imagine what the world would look like in black and white.

I have seen no carolers this holiday season, more and more caroling has become less common (I suppose it is due to the hatred the audience has towards them). I have noticed over the years my fondness towards Christmas music has decreased, but the meaning of Christmas will always be remembered. I guess the music was just overplayed as a few monotonous tunes. There is much to look forward to still, visiting with family and festivities. My family is all over the place: Dad (San Diego), Mom\Lance (Crawford, Nebraska), Sister (Salem), Rest of the family (….who knows for sure). I will spend Christmas day with my sister and her husbands’ family in Salem. The snow is much more abundant there then in Corvallis, much fun to be had.

No comments: