Thursday, December 4, 2008


I write this in my living room sitting on the green love seat. I can't imagine a better place to be. The sun has been shining down all day with out a cloud to spot. I have been biking to and from the college but always stopping at the coffee shop on the way. The coffee shop is called the Beanery it is a common grounds/meeting place of most of my roommates and friends (and Professors). Guaranteed anytime of the day one of my many roommates will be sitting in their favorite cafe chair sipping their drink of choice and smiling at everyone that passes.

Today would be a great day to go for a hike. There is far to many places to choose from in this town, but the closes is McDonald forest (just down the road). It's also a nice place to mountain bike, well maintained trails spread like a spider web through the forest. "oh how I miss summer" the warm breeze through the giant trees protecting me on my bike as I float down a hill. This time of the year the trails are mud pits, one must be sprayed down by a garden hose before entering the house (proven to create 'goose bumps'). The sign in the picture was meant for my garden in summer (now there is just well groomed and nutrient rich soil ready for the next summer).

Note about plants:

My roots grow deep
my stem is thick
once I am out from the deep dark rick ground I last only a day.
slowly my brilliant bright full of jazz limbs droop down
as if to reach for my lost roots
I fold into my self holding on to what is left of my life
the fate has come and I crumble with a light touch
back to the ground where I came from.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julia, I love reading the stories you're telling. Your writing has imagery, and the chicken photo is flipping wonderful.

Unknown said...

I too enjoy reading your words they come out so smooth