Sunday, December 7, 2008

Just a walk


Crisp night air with a starry night gives me a warm feeling not matter how cold it is. My breath turns to a cloud of vapor visible to the eye. I love being with family and friends on those crisp nights, especially walks. As I have grown older I have grown fonder of walks. To many times in my life I’ve hopped on a bike and sped by with the scenery blurred and unattractive. When I walk the littlest things appear to be of utmost interest like moss on trees or plants (especially gardens!). Night walks are different, things are hidden but with a little light they appear again. Night hiking is also one of my favorite things (once I get over the idea that my house is warm and the night is cold), bundled up head to toe in winter garb to go for a nice long hike. A memorable night hike was when I still owned a 1985 Volvo wagon, we fill the car and drove off to hike under the full moon light (flash lights not needed). We climbed up a trail to look out over the city and give our ooohs and awes of how beautiful it looked (like a Christmas tree). It’s nice to slow down and enjoy little things, I hate to think of all the little things I’m missing everyday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Gorgeous video -- it is a fitting ending after a post in need of reflection. What you say is true about taking time. Especially now, while much revolves around time and convenience, the small things, the slow things, the un-electronic, natural and un-processed things become a treasure!