Friday, December 5, 2008

Free Friday



I’m about ready for the holiday break, just a few more tests to go. I’m trying very hard to focus on my studies but always seem to get distracted by the littlest things like the beautiful weather Corvallis keeps having. For a second day in a row the sky is clear blue with a small voice in the wind calling out “come out to play” (of course I take that advice like an adult or like a child besides the sand box, I slack line or go for a bike ride). This in the end means I have achieved very little with my studies again. At the moment I sit on the opposite side of town from my house, down town in a coffee shop were the customers are not mainly students, but families with children or grown knowledgeable (non student) individuals. This is the café with many dogs of every kind, (just like the Saturday market that exists during the summers it feels like a dog show, and yes most of the owners do look similar to their pets). I get paid today which means I tend to migrate closer to my work to collect the long waited check. Who thought one pay check a month was a good idea anyways...? I can not help myself and live luxuriously in the first part of the month and when the end of the month hits I wonder if I should sell something to get food (thankfully God is there looking out for me and a can of beans always lingers in the back of our kitchen cupboard). I believe this is true with many people my age that can work limited hours a week. Obstacles will never hinder my ability to have fun, who says fun cost money anyways? Who’s in for some tree climbing?



Here's an old thought I had in North Carolina:


Have you ever just sat in one spot and wondered if you should move. All the blood in your body slowly but quickly moves to your legs, and Soon taken over with numbness and pins and needles, it happens I guess. I like to just look and listen to the sounds around me, the cat cleaning it self, the hum of the refrigerator, the buzz of a car passing, and the sweet pitter patter of the rain on the wooden porch. It helps to close your eyes, and in vision what it may look like (what color is the car). The manor in which the light falls in to the window on a chair is “a photographer’s heaven”, as some may put it. Just the sight of it makes some smile, like me. I smile a lot at many different bits and pieces. Just the other day I saw a leaf fall from a tree and, smiled. I wasn’t happy to see the leaf take its last breath but I was happy for it meant fall was arriving in a quick and steady pace. So much beauty and activities occur in fall, hay rides, corn mazes, family gatherings, Halloween, kids overdosing on sugar.

No comments: